I came across a beat up sticker of a Pinup Girl on a Playing Card. It was stuck to an old 70’s yellow refrigerator someone had by the curb. It was a hot day, so the decal peeled off pretty easy. I remembered the color, and went back to the shop and painted a Mexican Telecaster. Holding the sticker up to it, I knew the guitar had to resemble that beat-up refrigerator. Putting it all together, the Decal popped as I remembered on the Hot day picking trash. HA. – Jim Cara.
- Beautiful and random lacquer checking in only the naturally appropriate areas.
- Material correct aging and patina on Nickel, Chrome, and Gold parts
- Plastic and printing work on pickguard is indistinguishable from an actual vintage part
- Areas hidden by parts and plastic show the period quality natural wear, different from the exposed areas.
- These are just among many of the things that most relic artists avoid because of the time it takes.
- You’re trusting us with valuable instruments to antique and distress. We earn and respect that trust.